The SCDF (Singapore Civil Defence Force) responded to an accident last July 6, 2013. The accident involved a bus, two cars and truck along the intersection of Serangoon North Ave 6 and Ang Mio Kio Ave 5. The police are still investigating the accident. There were two injured people.
As much as possible you don’t want any accidents, right? Yes, you cannot foresee accidents but you can still do something to avoid it. Every year, thousands of traffic or road accidents happen. Drivers are always reminded these things before they set on their journey:
- Drive safely. It is crucial that you drive safely especially if there your family is on board. Do not drive fast. Driving safely also entails following traffic rules. You should always practice traffic rules.
- Be alert. When you drive, keep your eyes open. Your eyes should be on the road not on your phone or not in other passengers. If you are very drunk and sleepy, do not even think about driving home. Wait for it to pass so you won’t encounter any troubles on the road.
- Always fasten your seatbelt. Always be reminded to fasten your seatbelt. This is inconvenient for others but this can make a big difference at the end of the day. Whether you drive near or far, always fasten your seatbelt.
- Check the airbags. Airbags will automatically inflate if there are accidents. Make sure that your airbags are still functional.
- Check the overall condition of your car. Every time you travel, make sure that your car is in good condition. You should start by checking your car’s engines, suspension, tires and transmissions.
Wherever you go, it is important that you practice safe driving. If you are not in the mood for driving, consider public vehicles instead.