For the second time around, Singapore’s Sentosa island has been dubbed as the most expensive island in Southeast Asia. This is according to the study made by TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor sponsored TripIndex Island Sun report.
Every year, TripAdvisor compares the cost of day out and overnight stay for 2 in sixteen popular islands across Southeast Asia. The study totals the amount for two people to relish a one night stay in a 4 star hotel and two-course meal including beers with massage and rentals of kayaks and bicycles.
In 2013, Sentosa was dubbed as the most expensive island with a total cost of S$ 1,070.95. This year, TripIndex Island Sun again proclaimed Sentosa to be the most expensive city with a total cost of S$1,005.53.
Here is the list of the most expensive islands in Southeast Asia after Singapore’s Sentosa:
- Bintan: Bintan is the second most expensive island. Bintan is in Indonesia.
- Palawan: Palawan is in the Philippines.
- Langkawi: Langkawa is nestled in Malaysia.
- Pulau Tioman: Another island in Malaysia is one of the most expensive islands.
- Pulau Redang: Pulau Redang is located in Malaysia.
- Koh Phi Phi Don: Koh Phi Phi Don is in Thailand.
- Penang: Penang is nestled in Malaysia.
- Boracay: Boracay is the pride of the Philippines.
- Phu Quoc: Vietnam also offers one of the finest – Phu Quoc.
- Phuket: Phuket is in Thailand.
- Cebu: Cebu is nestled in the Philippines.
- Lombok: Lombok is in Indonesia.
- Koh Samui: Koh Samui is in Thailand.
- Bali: Bali is the offering of Indonesia.
- Gili Trawangan: Gili Trawangan is in Indonesia.