The MasterCard Global Destination Cities Index revealed their annual most visited cities in the world. This index will give international travellers idea which cities to consider. So, here are the top ten most visited cities in the world for the year 2014:
- London: United Kingdom’s London entertained more than eighteen million visitors.
- Bangkok: Thailand’s Bangkok entertained more than sixteen million visitors.
- Paris: France’s Paris entertained more than fifteen million visitors.
- Singapore: Singapore is not far behind because the city entertained more than twelve million visitors.
- Dubai: United Arab Emirate’s Dubai entertained more than eleven million nine hundred thousand visitors.
- New York: United State’s New York entertained more than eleven million eight hundred thousand visitors.
- Istanbul: Turkey’s Istanbul expected more than eleven million six hundred thousand visitors.
- Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur expected more than ten million visitors.
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong is China’s Special Administrative Region and it expected more than eight million eight hundred thousand visitors.
- Seoul: South Korea’s Seoul expected more than eight million six hundred thousand visitors.
If we go over the list, we will know that most of the cities are from Asia. Only the two cities are from Europe (London) and North America (New York). This list will surely give us ideas so we will know where to go this year. Travellers go to these cities for a reason and it is time that we experience what it feels like.
Without a doubt Singapore is included in the list. We have one on the list, there is still nine cities to visit if we are serious about visiting it. Good luck!